Tip & How-To about Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone
When ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.
You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.
After, disassembling the phone is the next step.
Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.
Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.
After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the process you are charging the battery of the phone.
I guess that's all you need.
Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.
Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.
You can visit the web to learn more about flashing of phones.
Posted by Okeoma... on
Jun 16, 2011 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone
Jan 24, 2011 | Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Smartphone
Jan 21, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jan 18, 2011 | Cell Phones
Jan 17, 2011 | Cell Phones
2,367 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!