Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Acer laptop and desktop computers are often equipped with
Bluetooth wireless connections. This useful technique is very simple to master,
even the least tech-savvy people. With a few mouse clicks, you can use your
Acer laptop to a Bluetooth device and never have to worry about cable clutter.
1. Connect the laptop and the Bluetooth device.
2. Activate the Bluetooth device discovery. The exact method
varies greatly among devices.
3. Click the "Start" button on the home screen of
Windows. Click "Control Panel" from the menu that appears. Select the
"Bluetooth Settings" icon and click "Add."
4. Select "My device is setup and ready to be
found" and click Next. The laptop will search the area for Bluetooth
devices and list them.
5. Select the device you want to close the list that
appears. Click "Next."
6. Enter the numeric password for the Bluetooth device when
prompted. Some devices do not require a passkey, for those who do; you can use
the code in the manual to find the owner.
7. Click on "My Computer" icon on the desktop.
Check the window that pops up a "Bluetooth Device" icon. If you see
one, the device is successfully connected.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Aug 25, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
May 01, 2011 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Feb 27, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
222 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!