Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Internet Information Services IIS 6, a web server
application that allows you as administrator, the settings for the Exchange
server organization. Part because of its importance, it is imperative that you
back up the metabase of IIS 6. IIS 6 Backup helps you to recover lost data on a
server crash. You must have administrative rights and permissions for this
1. Click the Start menu, select Administrative Tools and
click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
2. Right-click the name of the server or computer.
3. Move the mouse to "All Tasks". Select
"Backup / Restore Configuration."
4. Click "Create Backup".
5. Enter a name for the backup to the backup configuration
name. "Check the Encrypt backup using password" if you want to
password protect the backup and then type the password for the backup to
6. Click "OK" to back up the IIS 6
Posted by Rakesh... on
Oct 15, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64...
5,180 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!