Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
WSS stands for Windows SharePoint Services. Developed by
Microsoft, is designed for WSS collaboration, file sharing and web publishing.
WSS you can restore from a backup tool with the command on your Windows
computer. You must have administrator privileges to perform this task.
1. Click the Start menu and "run" (without
quotation marks) into the search bar at the bottom of the survey. Click
"Run ..." in the search results.
2. Type "cmd" (without the quotes) and press
Enter. This starts the "Command Prompt".
3. Type the following without quotes "stsadm-o
restore-url-name and press Enter. Replace "URL" of your URL with the
Web server. Replace the "name" with the name of the backup file from
which you wish to restore WSS.
4. Allow Windows to complete the restoration. You will see a
confirmation pop-up message that the restore was successful.
5. Close the command prompt. Restart the computer.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Jun 04, 2009 | Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007...
Mar 19, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jan 09, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
184 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!