Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Removing a processor AMD is a work that can only be done
with a screwdriver in less than 30 minutes. The processor AMD is a central
processing unit (CPU) with 939 pins, which are connected to the motherboard.
Removing the processor is an issue to withdraw from the motherboard with your
hands after you remove the heatsink from the chip.
1. Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord before
removing the AMD processor. Unplug the connector on the back of the computer
case and remove the screws, the lid of the computer, in the case with a
2. Slide the computer cover and set aside. Pull the cord
that connects the heatsink fan on the motherboard with one hand.
3. Lift the lever on both sides of the fan heatsink, so straight
up and remove the plastic clips on the sides of the sink on the motherboard.
4. Pull the heatsink and fan on the motherboard and set it
5. Lift the AMD processor motherboard and carefully remove
it from the computer.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Nov 17, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 12, 2010 | Compaq Presario SR1050NX (DW257A) PC...
Jan 01, 2010 | EPoX EP-8KRA2+ Motherboard
Aug 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
305 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!