Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Regularly back up your mailbox in Microsoft Outlook email
software is a sensible precaution to prevent data loss. The export
functionality in Outlook integration, you can delete all messages and other
Outlook data copy to a PST (folders) the authority and the subsequent recovery
in the event of an unexpected problem.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the File menu.
2. Click on Options and click Advanced on the left side of
3. Click the Export button.
4. Select Export to a File from the menu and click Next.
5. Select Outlook Data File (. PST) from the list and click
6. Select the top level of the box to the backup from the
menu. Check "Include subfolders" and click next.
7. Click the Browse button next window that appears; select
a path and filename of the backup. It is better to back up to an external
device or a separate hard drive. OK. Click
8. Click "Finish". Outlook creates the backup
file. Depending on the size of your mailbox, this may take a long time.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Apr 14, 2015 | Microsoft Outlook 2010
Feb 09, 2015 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: Windows
Aug 03, 2013 | Microsoft Windows Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2013 | Computers & Internet
227 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!