Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Travan 40 tape drive, manufactured by the leading data
storage and backup device manufacturer Quantum, uses the tape storage business
to 40 gigabytes of data. It can be installed on any Windows computer, and works
as an additional unit similar to a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. Like a tape of age,
Travan 40 used with the recording heads for data storage on tape. These heads
have to be cleaned, and Quantum recommends using a cleaning tape.
1. Turn on the computer. Remove the cleaning cartridge of
2. Insert the cleaning cartridge into the Travan 40 drive,
with the metal plate down. Gently push the drive mechanism that pulls and keeps
everything in the device.
3. Look at the LED on the drive Travan, should stop blinking
and turns off in about 8 seconds. Note that the LED will remain on the
cartridge is used more often than not meant to be used and, if so, remove it
and put a new cleaning cartridge.
4. Slide the unit Eject button and hold and pull the exposed
sides of the car once the disc is ejected.
5. Record the date on the label of the cleaning cartridge
with a marker pen so you can track when your Travan 40 drive yet again and how
often you use the cartridge.
6. The return of the cartridge cleaning your plastic box.
7. Repeat the process of cleaning every week if your drive
Travan more than 3 hours per day, or every month if you use it with less than 3
hours per day. Clean it twice if you have your computer in an area with a large
amount of dust, like a room without air conditioning or a warehouse.
Posted by Rakesh... on
Oct 04, 2010 | Quantum DLT-V4 DLT Tape Drive
Nov 06, 2009 | Imation Travan 40GB Data Cartridges...
Jan 28, 2009 | Certance Travan 40 GB (stt3401a-sst)...
May 06, 2008 | Seagate Travan (stt220000a-sst) Travan...
Apr 23, 2007 | Certance Travan 40 GB (stt3401a-sst)...
975 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!