Tip & How-To about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
1. First download and extract all the files using the above rapid share link
2. double click the vga.exe and extract it to a folder.
3. Once it is extracted, go to the extracted folder and double click on setup.exe
4. Follow the on screen wizard steps. This will install nVidia drivers
5. If the machine asks for restart, please restart it.
1. Before installing audio drivers, Universal Audio Architecture drivers must be installed.
2. Double click on the sp33867-Microsoft UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) drivers.exe
3. Finish the installation.
Now, the tricky part... We are going to install audio driver.
1. extaract ConexantHDAudio 221_XP.zip to a folder of your choice.
2. Right click on the My Computer and select Manage. This will open computer management console
3. select the device manager option from the left pane.
4. on the right side find "Audio Device on HD Bus", right click on it and select "update driver".
5. When it asks to go on line to find a driver - select NO
6. Select "Install from a list or specific location" and "Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
7. In the list of common hardware types, scroll down and select Sound, Video, and Game controllers.
8. Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk".
9. Now, browse to the Driver Folder you unzipped and click on "WiSVHe5.inf" file. Ignore XPs complaint and select "Install Anyway".
10 Now restart... Your speakers should be working now.
All other drivers can be installed as usual.
Now your brand new Compaq Presario F739AU Laptop is working with Windows XP.
If you have any problems please post a message.
Posted by Yoges... on
Dec 08, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Aug 21, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Sep 11, 2008 | Sony (SRS-BTM30) Speaker System
Jan 02, 2008 | Intel REALTEK nc-r150201 Network Adapter
2,648 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!