It's amazing the number of new questions posted everyday on www.fixya.com about laptops and notebooks drivers, manuals, etc. Nowadays, most of the manufacturers websites do have a support section which provide all of these for free. It is very easy to find and download the drivers, manuals, bios upgrades, etc. for most of the laptops and notebooks on the market. This is a method found by the manufacturers to give some satisfaction to the users of their products by providing the necessary support in a quick, easy and efficient way, which contributes to their reputation.
Here are some simple steps which will allow you obtaining the needed drivers or manuals you need for your Laptop/Notebook.
- Use a search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.) to look for the brand and model of the laptop you need support
- Look for the official website of the manufacturer - it will usually be among the first search results
- Once you open the website, you should see something like support or downloads. Clicking on that link will bring you to the support section of the manufacturer's website
- Then search for your device's model and select it
- The page which opens will give you a list of all downloads available for your laptop
- You should see the links to the manuals, drivers, utilities, updates downloads
- When going for drivers and updates, make sure to select the correct operating system installed on your machine (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 64bit, 32 bit, etc)
Try to be the more precise possible when inserting these information and you should get the best and latest downloads
This is actually the fastest and easiest way to obtain what you need and you are also quite assures to obtain the correct and latest downloads as it is from the manufacturer's official website. This will allow you to easily solve issues met with your device. Another advantage is that you will obtain contact numbers of the manufacturer's technical support in case you need further help.
Below are some links for a few popular laptop / notebook brands support pages :