For many of us, using an iPod with iTunes is simple and second nature, but for a beginner, iTunes can be a confusing place. For this reason, I have created this how-to of how to create a playlist in iTunes.
Playlists are easy and fun. They allow us to have a good mix of songs to work out with, do household chores with, or just hang out with. Here is how to create a playlist in iTunes.
- First, you must open iTunes
- Once opened, click "File" > "New Playlist". For those of you who prefer to use command keys, you can press Ctrl+N, and it will do the same thing.
- You will be taken to a screen with no songs listed on it. This is your new playlist. It is titled "untitled playlist," and the title is highlighted. To change the title, simple type the desired title and then click anywhere else. If the title is no longer highlighted because you clicked elsewhere, simply click the title twice (slowly), and it will once again become highlighted.
- After the playlist is titled, you are ready to begin adding songs. To do this, simply go to your music collection by clicking "Music" on the left column and selecting the song you want from your collection. Once the desired song is selected, simply drag it on top of the playlist title. This will add the song to the playlist.
- Once multiple songs have been added, you can drag a song up or down in the list to change the song order.
- After all of the desired songs are in the playlist, simply connect your iPod and sync it with iTunes. Your playlist is now ready to be listened to.