Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic for PC
If your volume icon on the bottom right side of your screen is missing for some reason and you can't seem to get it to re-appear then this tutorial will help you get it back!
This tip is for Windows Vista-
1) Open your start menu and search for Regedit.
2) Open the Registry Editor
3) On the left side scroll up to the top
4) Open the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Classes > Local Settings > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version
5) Now if there is already a folder in Current Version you should right click and delete it. Now right click the folder Current Version and choose to make a new folder. Name the folder "TrayNotify" (The text is case sensitive so make sure to enter it exactly how I typed it.
6) Now exit out of the registry editor and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE
7) Open your task manager and go to the processes.
8) Find explorer.exe and right click and end the process.
9) Parts of your screen will disappear, if they don't re-appear then choose File and Run.
10) In run type in explorer.exe
11) Now your volume icon should be back!
I hope this helped!
Posted by Nik Harmon on
Sep 28, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Apr 22, 2012 | Apple Cell Phones
Sep 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 28, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Dec 06, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
902 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!