Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Sometimes it is necessary to do a complete reinstall from viruses or as a computer just gets bogged down by software over time. Here are some steps to have a successful experience.
1. Backup anything on the computer that is important to you, if you don't back it up your gonna lose it. Popular ways to do this are: CDs, USB drives, Online. Just backup your data somewhere safe before proceeding no one likes losing all the pictures of their loved ones that were on the computer.
2. Make sure you have an operating system to install back on the system. You need a disc containing an operating system such as windows XP, Vista 7, etc.
3. Make sure you have all the drivers for your system see this tip here about drivers http://www.fixya.com/support/r9197619-all_about_drivers
4. Boot your computer from the CD. The computer will have to be set in the BIOS to boot from CD before the HDD or alternatively you can usually hold f12 as the computer is booting up to display a menu where you can select the CD is the boot device.
5. The Operating system installer will load and dependent one what operating system your installing will look different but the general idea is the same. You want to overwrite the old install with this one completely formatting and erasing all past data.
6. The installation will format your drive and begin the operating system deployment it may ask you about some configuration settings along the way answer them.
7. The computer will boot into your new operating system install you will now want to install all the drivers your downloaded previously so that all your hardware functions correctly.
Congratulations your backup and running as simple as that :P
hope this helps you
Posted by David... on
Aug 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2009 | Microsoft HannsG HU171D 17" LCD Monitor
Sep 19, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
293 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!