Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Because of the way some software was written before windows Vista and Windows 7, such as windows XP applications they are not always compatible with the newer operating systems. However Microsoft has included some compatibility settings on executable files to hopefully fix these incompatibilities, so if a program isn't function properly in windows 7 you may wish to try this.
1. Right click on the .exe or .msi installer package for the program you wish to install
2. In the right click menu select the properties option
3. In the tabs that appear select the compatibility tab
4. Set the drop down operating system to be compatible with to the operating system that the program is designed to run on.
5. Check the box that is labeled "run as administrator"
hope this helps your applications that are performing unexpectedly in windows 7
Posted by David... on
Feb 11, 2011 | Elgato Systems Elgato EyeTV Hybrid - DVB-T...
Apr 20, 2010 | Nova Development Photo Explosion Deluxe...
Jan 27, 2010 | Brother SE-270D Computerized Sewing...
Nov 03, 2009 | HP COMPAQ T5530 800MHZ CE (RK270AA#ABA)...
164 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!