My tips on how to fix the not ejecting DVD.
These are the steps on how to do a D.I.Y troubleshooting:
- Remove the cover of your DVD player.
- Look for the DVD or CD tray assembly.
- Remove the whole CD tray assembly by loosening all screws at the left and right corner of the CD tray assembly and also you need to remove the front panel of the ejecting tray to get the whole CD tray assembly away from the DVD player for further repair and check-up.
- Then look at the bottom of the DVD or CD tray and try to find out where's the motor that controls the ejecting tray.It is usually have a rubber O-ring or mini rubber belt that control the gear of ejecting tray
- Next,when you found the ejecting motor,try to look at the rubber O-ring or mini rubber belt condition,if it is cut/loosen or disconnected from the motor.
- If the rubber belt is in good condition,check the ejecting motor. There are 2 ways of testing the motor.
- First,the resistance checking-you should have a ohm meter or multimeter (resistance or ohm range) point your (+/-) test prove to the terminal of the motor to measure the resistance.
7. If you already done this procedure and the problem is still there
- Second is the actual testing in this procedure you need a battery 3vdc,connect the negative(-) terminal of the battery on the black wire of the motor and the positive(+) ,connect to the red wire.If the motor is not spin-up replace it with the same type,rating,voltage and value.
after you replace the defective parts,if any.The problem could be
the motor ejecting driver that found on the main board.This is not
for D.I.Y because of the parts inside main board is very sensitive
and hard to replace.If the trouble is on the main board you have to
replace the whole main board or buy a new player. Thank you for reading my tips.