Updating Nokia Mobile Phone Firmware Here I'll tell you the things you need to do in order to update the embedded firmware in your Nokia cell phone.
Things to do before a firmware update:
Let's get started.
- Install Nokia PC Suite, and back up all the stuff from your phone to your computer.
- Charge your phone battery to its full level.
- Beware that any hindrance (like power off, etc.) during the update process can damage your phone.
That's how you upgrade your Nokia mobile phone's firmware. Let me know in the comments if you have any question
- In your Nokia mobile phone, type in *#0000#
Your Nokia mobile will now display the firmware version it's running
- Carefully open the back case of your mobile, and also take away the battery.
- Note the product number down
- Go here and type the product number. You'll now know if a new version of firmware for your Nokia mobile phone is available
- Download the Nokia Software Updater. Click here to download it
- Install the Nokia Software Updater (I think it's recommended to run it if you have more than 256 MB of RAM on your computer)
- Connect your Nokia mobile phone via the USB port, and also make sure your computer is connected to the internet
- Run the Nokia Software Updater by clicking on the icon on your desktop
- The Nokia Software Updater connects to the internet, checks for updates, and then detects your phone to start installing firmware updates for your Nokia phone
- You might see some fuzzy things going on in your Nokia phone, and that's perfectly normal to happen during a firmware update
- When all's done, the updater gives a confirmation message and then the phone restarts
- You can now disconnect the phone from the computer