Tip & How-To about Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Samsung D53 Camera
Memory Card (Clean with no pictures on it!)
Memory card reader on your computer
You have several (or more) photos that were taken with no memory card inserted into the camera, and they have been stored on the camera's internal memory. You have no USB cord to get the pictures off your camera.
I don't know if this is in the manual (as this is a used camera I purchased with no manual or USB cord). In my frustration, I accidentally found out how to get my photos off the internal memory and onto my computer's hard drive.
Here are the steps I followed:
1. Ensure fresh batteries are inserted into your camera. You might lose data or get corrupted pictures if the camera dies while you're transferring pictures. Fresh batteries are important.
2. Insert memory card into the camera (where the batteries go) and close the lid.
3. Power camera on.
4. Press the Print/Review button (bottom button to the right of the LCD) once.
5. When you see the words "No Image!" appear, press the Menu/OK button.
6. A new menu will pop up, asking you COPY TO CARD -- use your buttons to highlight "Yes".
7. You will see your camera "Processing!" It will finish on its own, so do not interrupt the task.
8. Once it has finished "Processing!", remove memory card and insert into your computer's memory card reader to see and SAVE your pictures to your computer. Ensure all photos transferred properly before proceeding to Step 9.
9. With the memory card removed from the camera, power the camera back on and delete individual pictures, if you want to reserve internal memory for future emergency picture-taking situations (especially now that you know you can actually get the photos off of the camera's internal memory now!)
Posted by KCBlueGal on
Jul 29, 2012 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Jan 30, 2011 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Nov 14, 2010 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Sep 03, 2010 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
Mar 05, 2010 | Samsung Digimax D53 Digital Camera
2,462 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!