Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
We all know Email spam is bad. Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same messages. Most spam is commercial advertising. If you use Email on daily basic, chances are you receive spam, too. Some users set a rule to block spam, some don't. Many companies use some type of Email filtering softwares to block spam, spam still arrived in your either in box for junk folder. Here are some tips to help you avoid spam.
1) Do not respond to unsolicited Email
2) Do not click on links contained within an unsolicited Email
3) Be cautious of Email with pictures and attachments. Viruses can hide within embedded photos.
4) Delete all emails requesting personal information - always verify the request.
5) If you are asked to act quickly, or that there is an emergency, it may be a scam. Fraudsters create a sense of urgency to get you to act quickly
6) Remember: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is
7) Avoid holiday E-cards as during the holidays, E-card sites are among the most popular targets for scammers
8) Be leery of charity Email solicitations
9) Do not unsubscribe, by clicking on link to unsubscribe, it may increase the amount of spam you receive and/or trigger a malware executable
Posted by Blue Chip... on
May 03, 2015 | Google Gmail
Aug 11, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
212 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!