*How to get Audio using HDMI*
Note: make sure that the LCD TV/Montior where you are using HDMI is set to HDMI imput as well.Windows XP:
- First we need to find out what oprating system your computer has.
- First make sure that the HDMI cable is already connected to the Computer from the HDTV.
- In Windows XP lower right side look for the speaker icon then right click on it. then select Properties or Playback Devices
- We should get the Sound and Device Properties window on the Sound window there will be settings and TABS that are for your Audio configuration.
- Look for the Tab that will say Voice then on the windows look for the drop down that will say Default Device and select your HDMI from that List.
- Since this is for XP your will have to restart windows to make the changes take effect.
- In vista on the lower right hand side look for the speaker icon right click on it then select Playback Devices.
- In the window Sounds Select the TAB that says Playback Devices.
- A list will be in the Box HDMI should be listed there and should be the first on the list as well on the screen.
- Right click on HDMI and set as default device.
- Once HDMI is set as Default Device this should make Audio work on your system using HDMI.
- Just Restart the Computer after the settings for teh HDMI ahs been set to Defauls.
This is applicable to bothe Desktops and Laptops.
- Exactly like Windows Vista, Follow steps from the Win Vista HDMI audio Settings above, thanks.
Thanks for choosing Fixya,mvincentc