Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. start ->run-> gpedit.msc
2. choose User Configuration, Windows Settings, Internet Explorer Maintainance, Browser User Interface, and doubleclick Browser Title.
3. Activate Customize Title Bars, and type something in there. Doesn't matter what. Let's type: QWERTY. Click Okay.
4. Fire up Reg editor. (start, run, regedit)
5. goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
6. Look for the key: Window Title. There you'll find the value: Microsoft Internet Explorer provided bt QWERTY.
7. Change this key to anythig you like and exit regedit.
8. Fire up IE and look at the titlebar
WinXP security: If you don't do steps 1 to 3, you won't find the Window Title key
Posted by Janarthana... on
Aug 13, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jul 06, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
Jan 12, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Aug 30, 2009 | HP Compaq Presario SR2013WM (RE468AA#ABA)...
Jun 06, 2009 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
165 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!