Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
Let's set a static IP address for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). You can change the DHCP range of the router using its internal settings page.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
Posted by christian... on
Dec 11, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 08, 2011 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Mar 07, 2010 | Samsung SCX-4500 Laser Printer
Apr 30, 2009 | HP DeskJet 6988 Printer
Oct 21, 2007 | D-Link RangeBooster G DPR-1260 (DPR1260)...
484 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!