Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Do you have some sort of problem in installing a device automatically? Or isn't your windows supporting the new hardware device which you are installing first time in your computer where as this device has the capability of auto-detecting? That's means your windows need the drivers updating. You have to update your drivers to install that device. Updating a driver is not a hard and technical task. You can easily update your driver by the following the instructions below.
To update the drivers you need to download the latest drivers from the website of driver's manufacturer. Update Drivers are available in CD's but downloading is most common and cheapest way to get it and you can get an up to date driver through website.
- Go to Device Manager: To open the device manager screen the most easiest and common method is:
- Right click on Start button
- Go to Explore
- Right click on My Computer icon
- Go to Properties
- Click on Hardware
- Click on Device Manager.
This will open the Device Manager screen but if you know the other method to open the Device manager screen, you can follow it because there are several method to open the Device Manager screen.
- Select the Hardware from the Device Manager screen which you want to update
- To update the drive follow the below instructions.
- Go to the Properties of Hardware by right click on the hardware's name or icon
- Go to the Driver from the Properties window
- Click on Update Driver... button. This will begin the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Select No, not this time to answer the question "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" then click the Next button.
- Check on Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) to answer the question "What do you want the wizard to do?" then click the Next button.
- A new window will appear by following the above instructions. Choose the Don't search. I will choose the driver to install radio button to answer the "Please choose your search and installation options" then click the Next button.
- Click on the Have Disk... button to answer the "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware."
- Click on Browse... button on the Install From Disk dialog box
- Select the INF file from the file list and click the Open button. You need to select INF files because Device Manager only accept the INF files
- Click on OK button. This will get back you on the Install From Disk dialog box.
- To answer "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" select newly added hardware from the next window then click the Next button.
- Click on Continue Anyway if a warning message appeared on your desktop screen. This message may be appeared because many drivers are not Windows certified but they are safe to install successfully
- Now driver's updating process will be started. Follow the next screen's instructions according to your requirement to complete the Driver updating process.
- When driver is updated successfully click Yes to answer the question "Do you want to restart your computer now?"
Posted by mariolands on
May 16, 2012 | Gateway MX6920 Notebook
Apr 09, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 14R Laptop Computer (Intel...
Jun 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 22, 2010 | Intel Computers & Internet
May 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
198 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!