Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
AVG PHONE NUMBER
If you are looking at this post, looks like you are having problems with your AVG software and you are searching for the phone number, its not listed anywhere. its not. there are no hotline number where you can call in directly, at least not listed for public viewing (why is that? I don't know, poor aftersales support if you ask me) so in order to get support follow this:
1. Go to this website:
2. Click on Home Security, you will get two choices; BASIC and PREMIUM, DO NOT GO TO PREMIUM, its a fee based support meaning you need to purchase a service in order for you to talk to them.
3. One you go to Basic, it will ask you for a license number of your AVG go ahead and input your license number
4. After putting in your license number it will prompt you on your problem just click on "installation" it won't matter the goal here is getting someone to talk to, then you will on a page where it will say contact customer services, just hit on continue.
5. On the next page just fill up 3 fields on the dropdown button, again it wont matter you can select anything. the 3 fields are: Operating System, Category and Issue. then hit next.
6. Yes!, we are on step six, it sounds complicated but this is the only way to get the phone number and pin. you will be presented with a bunch of articles and see if it will help (I guess they really want to hide the phone support that you should have) so look at the bottom of the page and click on "NO, INFO NOT RELEVANT"
7. The next page will show you the precious pin and support number, something like this:
Speak to an AVG professional and get your issue solved right away.
Your PIN code is:
Dial the following US toll-free phone number and enter the PIN code when asked:
Note: Your PIN code is valid for 15 minutes.
Go ahead and call the phone number, that's actually the AVG hotline. but the thing is the phone system will ask you for a Pin code, which you need to get by following this guide here. once you enter the pin, tell them how you hate the support process they have.
Hope that helps!
Posted by Allan Dale... on
762 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!