Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
The below article would illustrate the steps to install the NETGEAR wireless adapter WG111v3 on MAC OS 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5.
Please ensure that you have installed the latest version of driver for the adapter from the below link on your MAC OS computer:
After the installation of the driver please perform the below task:
1. Plug in the adapter.
2. Double click on the NETGEAR WLAN Client Utility in the desktop.
3. On the NETGEAR WLAN Client utility select the Available Network tab which will detect the wireless network, select your network and click Connect.
4. If you are connecting to a secured wireless network then you will be prompted for a Wireless Network Security Properties menu.
5. Type the network key WEP/WPA security and click OK.
6. Click on Link Status which shows the connection as connected.
7. Check for the IP address by clicking on the Apple icon and select System Preference.
8. Click on Networks and check the IP address.
You should have succesfully established the wireless network on your MAC.
Posted by Anand... on
1 Download using the button below
to a convenient place such as your desktop.
NOTE: After downloading, DO NOT RUN THE FILE YET. Please proceed to Step 2.
2. To properly install
adapter software, please remove drivers that were previously installed.
To uninstall, go to Start > Programs > NETGEAR WN111v2 adapter > Uninstall NETGEAR WN111v2 adapter or through ADD/Remove program
3. Unplug the WN111v2 adapter
from your computer.
4. Run the file you just
downloaded and follow the on-screen install instructions.
Mar 01, 2011 | NetGear WN111 (DHWN111100NAS) Pre-802.11n...
Jun 06, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 26, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 12, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 09, 2010 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
3,959 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!