Tip & How-To about Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
This nifty configuration walk through will show you how to make Firefox load web pages quicker than usual.
1. Open Firefox and type "about:config" in the URL bar
2. Press enter when the "Void your Firefox warranty" comes up
3. Below the URL bar you will notice that there is now another search bar, type "Network" into it
4. Scroll down until you see "Network.HTTP.Pipelining" you will notice that it is set to fake. Right-Click to toggle it and change it to TRUE
5. Below "Network.HTTP.Pipelining" you will see a similar sounding name just with a "Max Requests" at the end of it. Right -Click to toggle, and set it to 8.
6. Open up a new tab in Firefox (Control button+ T) and type in any website in the URL bar. Notice a quicker loading time and quicker refresh rate.
And that is how you speed up Firefox folks! If there are questions about this, shoot me a message or email.
Posted by Shaaryashu... on
Apr 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 03, 2009 | Mozilla Firefox
Mar 14, 2009 | Mozilla Firefox
3,536 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!