If you are unable to connect your laptop wireless to your Belkin wireless access point/router, the easiest and fastest way to get going is to reset your router to the factory defaults. This will make your router work like the day you bought it.
Reset your router:
- Unplug your DSL/Cable modem from power (not your access point/router) Leave this unplugged for now
- On the rear of your Belkin router you will find a small RESET button
- With the power still on the router, Press and hold (with a pin/pen tip) the RESET button for 10 seconds.
- Release the RESET button a wait 15 seconds for the router to reboot
- Unplug your Belkin router from power
- Plug your DSL/Cable modem back in to power
- Wait 1 minute for the modem to boot up
- Be sure the ethernet (cat5) cable from your modem is securely plugged into the WAN port on the back of your Linksys router. This is usually labeled WAN or Internet above the jack
- Plug your Belkin router back into power.
You will now be able to connect to the internet with your wireless device. I would advise that you follow the next steps in securing your wireless network.