Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Password Security is important for personal information on your Win7 Operation System. The best security strategy is changing your Windows 7 password on a regular basis to ensure nobody can access sensitive information. A strong password is the first line of defense against those who wish to gain access to your OS and the important data they contain. As the latest OS of Microsoft, Windows 7 allows you to change user login password to keep you protected at all times.
Note: You may not have a existing password and you just want to make a password to protect you account, another guide is for you - How to create a Windows 7 logon password.
Simple steps for you to easily change your Windows 7 account login password. 1. Click on the "Start" button, and choose "Control Panel".
2. Click on the "User Accounts and Family Safety" heading in the Control Panel.
3. Under the "User Accounts" heading, click on the link for "Change your Windows password" .
4. This will take you to your User Account window. If you already have a password, you will see a link for "Change your password". Click that link to go to the "Change your password" window.
If you do not already have a password, the link will read "Create a password for your account".
5. If you have a current password, type in your current password in the first text box, then type a new password and confirm.
If you do not have a current password, just type in and confirm a new password.
Click the "Change password" or "Create password" button when ready. (It depends on whether you had an existing password or not)
Note: You can choose to type a account password hint, although this step is optional. Be aware that the password hint will be visible to all other computer users. To be more secure, choose a password and hint that cannot be easily guessed. You can see this guide - How to create a best password.
6. If your passwords do not match, you will be prompted to retype them.
7. You're finished! You will now be prompted to enter your password every time you log into your Win7. Sometimes, you leave your computer for a long holiday. After enjoyng your festival, you may face a big problem that you can't remember you win7 login password, then read this guide - Forgot Windows 7 Password.
Tips: Not a Windows 7 user? Still Using XP or Vista? Don't know how to change account password on other Windows Versions? See these articles below.
Posted by himlaSaya on
Jan 04, 2013 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Aug 26, 2012 | Acer Aspireone Aod255e-1802 Netbook Pc...
Jul 18, 2012 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jun 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
282 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!