Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Commonly, we meet problems on Dell Windows 7 password recovery.
Locked out of PC, forgotten Dell login password or bought an old PC but
did not know the password, etc. At these situations, we would like to
search kinds of ways for Dell password reset.
Option 1: Dell Windows 7 password reset by other accounts with admin rights
1. Login PC from the accessible account with administrator privileges.
2. Start - Local Users and Groups - lusrmgr.msc in the Search box - ENTER. If there is prompt for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or give confirmation.
3. Local Users and Groups - choose Users.
4. Right click the account needed to reset password, and then select Set Password.
5. Input and confirm the new password.
Option 2: Recover Dell Windows 7 password with command
There are one more commands which you can use to change the password for your Windows 7 account.
1: Press Win + R -- type cmd in the Run command box and press Enter to open command prompt.
2: Input: net user xxx 123 (xxx is the locked admin account's name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password for the locked account.
Option 3: Create a bootable Dell Windows 7 password recovery disk
There are many ways to make the disk to bypass Dell password or reset Dell password. Let's take Windows Password Recovery Enhance as example. A blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive will be needed.
1. Download Windows Password Recovery Enhance and install it.
2. Burn the ISO image file to a bootable password recovery CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive.
3. Set your locked Dell PC as target to boot from CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive.
4. Complete Dell Windows 7 password reset.
The created Dell password reset disk can safely and easily recover forgotten Windows 7 password. Compared with reinstalling or formatting OS, it will save you much time and energy, and keep your important data well.
Posted by Catherilil... on
Sep 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jan 12, 2009 | Dell Latitude D820 Notebook
212 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!