Tip & How-To about Audio Players & Recorders
The iPod Touch has a feature that allows you to create a 4-digit password.You cannot enter the home screen of the device if you don't provide the correct password. You may, however, have forgotten this password, Fortunately, your iPod Touch is not rendered unusable. Your only course of action if you've forgotten your password is to reset the iPod Touch to factory settings. This can be done using iTunes. You'll need to place the iPod Touch in receover mode before it can be recognized in iTunes.
1. Turn of the iPod Touch.
2. Press and Hold the Home button on the iPod Touch. This is located at the bottom of the device. While still holding down the button, plug your iPod into your computer or laptop using the USB cable.
3. Hold the Home Button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Release the Home button when this screen appears. Click "OK" when you see the "Recovery Mode" alert.
4. Click the iPod in the left column under "Devices".
5. Click the "Summary" tab located at the top of the main viewing pane in iTunes.
6. Click the "Restore" option. Click "Restore" from the dialog box that appears.
7. Click "OK" in the dialog box that appears after the iPod Touch has been restored. You have now successfully reset your iPod Touch and it is now usable again. Enjoy playing your iPod Touch!
Posted by Dennis... on
Jul 02, 2013 | Health & Beauty
Jan 07, 2012 | Apple iPod touch
354 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!