- First, check to see if you have the i386 folder on your hard drive. This folder will have the East Asian Language Support files that you need to install. The i386 folder can be found here: C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386 or here: C:\i386
- If you cannot find the i386 folder, you will need to obtain a copy of the Windows XP CD and copy the i386 folder to a USB thumb drive.
- Click on the Start menu, open Control Panel, then open Regional and Language Options.
- Select the Languages tab and under the Supplemental language support frame, check the the box next to "install support for East Asian languages".
- Click on Ok or Apply, then you'll receive a dialog box which says that "The following file ' - ' is missing.." and it also allows you to specify a directory where it should be found. Click on Browse and select the "I386" folder on your hard drive or thumb drive.
- After the files are installed, you must restart your computer.
Not finding what you are looking for?