Tip & How-To about Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
If you are looking for a guide on how to reinstall windows7, then, you stumbled in the right article.
But before going ahead to the procedure on how to install windows 7, you needto follow the following steps so that you can avoid some problems later on.
1. Check your computer's Specifications
Like any other operating system; Windows 7 has a system standard which needs tobe followed. Here's the minimum spec that you need for your computer to runwell with windows 7:
a. At least 1-GHz of CPU speed
b. at least 1gb RAM
c. at least 16 gb of Hard Drive
But, you can also experiment installing windows 7 to computers with lower specbut for sure it will run really slow. Just don't put your product key if youare still in the process of testing it in your system. You can put the productkey afterward anyway.
2. Select an EditionThere are three editions of windows 7 that you can purchase- Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. Home premium is commonly used by alot of people. Premium and professional editions are usually used by companies.
3. Select from 32bit or 64bit
A lot of computer manufactures before has a 64bit processor capable - whichmeans that if you want to install more than 3gb of memory in your computer, youwant 64-bit windows.
There is nothing to worry if you are using 32bit programs because they stillrun with the 64bit operating system. But, there are some drawbacks still. Adobeflash won't run in 64bit. Like videos on the net or youtube videos which needflash.
What I'm saying here is that 64bit is much faster than 32bit, so, if yourcomputer is capable of 64bit then goes for it. Though, you have some problemswith some programs or compatibilities but software developers are updating thatsoftware already.
64bit and 32bit come with the installation disc and it's up to you to selectwhich one you prefer.
4. Back up your important files saved in your computer before reinstallingit.
You can use a USB flash drive to save your files or you can also burn them intoa DVD. Clean re-installation will erase everything in your computer. I knowthat you don't want your important files and happy memories in your pictures tovanish.
After doing all the four things above, you have to prepare the following priorto the installation process.
1. Windows 7 Operating System Installation Disc
2. Drivers and Utilities Disc
3. Programs that you want to add to your computer.
It's now the time for us to install the operating system. This processwould take a while depends on the speed of your computer.
Here are the procedures that you need to follow in the installation process.
1. Insert the Windows 7 re-installation disc in your computer's DVD drive.
2. Restart the computer. Once you see the "press any key to boot toCD" screen, just press any key.
3. The computer will load up the installation disc. It will bring you to theinstallation interface. Just supply all the information that in needs like your language, time,etc. Then, click on the next button.
4. It will bring you to the blue screen which has the "Installbutton". Press install now.
5. You have to agree to the terms and agreements on the next page.Click next.
6. It will ask you to upgrade or Custom (advanced) installation.Press custom (advanced). If you had XP in your computer, it will not show upthe upgrade button.
7. If you choose Custominstallation, you'll next be asked to choose a partition for your Windows 7installation. The one that makes most sense is selected by default. Note thisscreen also gives you access to a number of partitioning tools such as format,create, extend, and delete. It also lets you load a driver to access a drive.Just press in a partitioned space and delete all of them because you need toprepare an empty space for your new operating system.
8. Once you click on delete, a dialog box will appear asking you to confirmyour action. Press ok. Do the same with the other partitions in the page.
10. Now, you only have one on the list. Or two - the other one saysun-partitioned space and the other one says Reserve space. Press onun-partitioned and press format/install.
11. This is the time that will make you wait. Just let it download and take abreak for awhile while waiting for it to finish the installation.
12. After the loading process, it will ask you for the protection of your computer.Just click on recommended settings.
13. It will then ask you for the date, time, etc. Just supply it with theinformation that it needs.
14. After setting up your computer, insert the Drivers and Utilities disc. Letit run to install the drivers.
15. Install the programs that you want and you can also put back all the files,pictures, videos, etc that you have saved in an external storage device.
You might also be interested in:
1. Windows Vista Installation Guide
2. Windows XP Installation Guide
Posted by Carlo... on
Jan 04, 2013 | 1998 Toyota Camry
Feb 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 13, 2011 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
May 21, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
1,706 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!