Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How to show/hide your Network Connection icon in the Windows XP System Tray
1. You will need to open your Control Panel. Note there is several ways to do this.
XP Start Menu it is on the right side of the start menu.
Classic Start Menu it is under Settings
2. Next you need to make sure you are in classic view. Note if you have not been in Control Panel before you most likely will not be in classic view. To put Control Panel in classic view click on the Classic View option in the upper left hand corner.
3. Now Control Panel should look something like this. Here is where you would click on Network Connections.
4. Right click on the network connection that you want to change the option on and select properties.
5. Making sure that you are on the General tab at the bottom of the window you can check or uncheck the option "Show icon in notification area when connected"
6. After you have made your changes click on the OK button and the window will close.
Posted by Will... on
Jun 01, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 29, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
345 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!