Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Are you using your laptop from an extended period of time? If yes, then obviously your laptops' working speed has been decreased. You have huge number of files in your laptop's hard disk which cause low speed in processing the instructions. These files are not affecting the speed of laptop only but they also create problems to you when searching any particular file. Most of these files are not in use and probably these files will not be used in future. So, you should delete them from your hard disk.
What should be done to remove these files from your laptop's hard disk? There is a technique which is commonly used to make hard disk space free and keeps laptop with original setting. This technique is known as "Restoring".
Sometime, your Windows operating system may crash and you don't know what to do. You can use the same tehnique.
You can restore your laptop to original setting through the following instructions:
To restore the laptop into its original setting you need a Recovery Disk which comes with the laptop and it is also available in market. Just get this CD and take the following steps:
- Place Recovery CD in your CD-Rom to operate the installation for restoring the laptop.
- Restart your laptop. Through restart, your laptop will auto detect the CD.
- After detecting the CD, your laptop will ask you "press any key to continue..." If your laptop will not ask that's mean there is something wrong with your booting setting, CD-ROM, or CD. Check them one by one and make sure everything is perfect.
- Press the keyboard key according to your laptop's model that brings up the recovery menu. Most common keys for the recovery menu are "F2," "F8," or "Ctrl" and "F11".
- Select a language from menu at the top of the screen and click on "Next" button. Language selection will show the instructions in your selected language.
- Select the field "PC Restore," "Repair Your Computer" or something similar. Then click on "Next" button.
- Then check on at "Restore" and then click "Enter". This will start the process of restoring the laptop.
- Once the restoring process has been completed, click on "Restart" button.
Finally your laptop has been restored to the original setting and extra files have been deleted from your Hard Disk.
Posted by mariolands on
Mar 15, 2014 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite M45-S355 Notebook
Mar 14, 2009 | Computers & Internet
8,914 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!