This feature is only
available in Timeslips v9.0 (Service Release 11), v9.1, and higher. If
you have a Service Release of Timeslips v9.0 lower than SR11, please
download it from http://www.timeslips.com/Support/downloads. Be sure to install the update on each computer that has Timeslips installed.
you have not already installed Station Administrator, install it from
your Timeslips CD-ROM using the Custom installation option and selecting
only Station Administrator. If you are using Timeslips v9.0, then you
must reinstall SR11.
We recommend performing this procedure on every computer when you:
- First install Timeslips
- Update Timeslips
- Update your computer's operating system
- Experience data corruption
- Experience errors starting Timeslips that tells you to use this feature
to performing the Diagnose This Computer procedure you must exit
Timeslips as well as any other program which may access the Borland
Database Engine (BDE). If you are unsure what programs may use BDE,
close all other programs.Steps to perform the Diagnose This Computer procedure:
- Close Timeslips and any other program that uses the Borland Database Engine (BDE).
Note: If you are unsure what programs may use BDE, close all other programs.
- Open Station Administrator on the computer you wish to diagnose.
If you have not installed Station Administrator, install it from your
Timeslips CD-ROM using the Custom installation option and selecting only
Note: If Timeslips is
operating in a network environment, and Station Administrator is not
installed on the workstation, then use Windows Explorer to locate and
run Statadmn.exe from the Timeslips installation folder on the server. [From the Windows Toolbar select Start; Run; Browse to locate and open Statadmn.exe from the Timeslips installation folder on the server.]
- In Station Administrator select Options; Diagnose This Computer. Click OK
to confirm that all programs using Borland Database Engine are closed.
Station Administrator will attempt to analyze your system.
- When Analyze System
completes, the Diagnose This Computer dialog box will open and alert
you to problems with your Timeslips database and operating system. Each
of the four areas has an associated Fix button. If any Fix button is
enabled, click it to either solve the problem or receive instructions
for doing so. Click Help for further information.
Note: Even if no problems are reported, Station Administrator may make other necessary changes (see above).
- If you have experiencing data corruption errors click Change Operating System Settings to open the Windows 95 and 98 Settings dialog box and unmark Enable file system caching. Click OK to return to the Diagnose This Computer dialog box.
- Click Done. If prompted to do so, restart your computer.