- Hold down the Power & Volume Up button for 3 Seconds.
Factory ResetIf you have not already installed the Device Manager, follow the on
screen instructions to install the Device Manager from the installation
CD (for US customers: CD2) or download the latest version of the Device
Manager application from http://www.philips.com/support. You may need to
enter your language preference and the model number e.g.HDD1430, to
access the Device Manager application upgrade file.
- Insert a paper clip, or similar, into the
small reset button on the side next to the USB connection.
- Connect the GoGear to the AC adapter and to your computer.
- Make sure all other applications such as Philips Plug-in,
Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer that access the device are
closed or else Device Manager will not recognize the device. Launch the
Device Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Device
Manager->Philips Device Manager on your PC.
- Select the REPAIR tab on the dialogue box and then click "Repair" to start repairing.
- When repair is complete a dialogue box will pop up; click "OK" and unplug the GoGear from the computer.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the repair.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success
message is displayed. Close all opened applications and then unplug your
- Once the GoGear is disconnected from the computer, the display
will show "Firmware Upgrading" for a couple of seconds and then start up
In order to prevent future problems with your device, download the updated firmware and update your device:http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/faqview?scy=US&session=20110217221837_188.8.131.52&slg=AEN&ctn=HDD6330/17&dct=FAQ&refnr=0007771&faqview=1