Hard Reset/Factory ResetResetting the phone
deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the
phone back to its initial state.
- Turn off the phone, if you can.
- Remove the battery and wait 1 minute.
- Reinstall battery and turn on the phone.
- Press HOME > MENU, and then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
- Your phone will erase all personal data and restart. It may take a few minutes for the process to complete.
- When the phone is turned off,
press and hold the HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons.
- The reset
process will start after a few seconds.
- When the phone finishes the
reset process, press MENU.
Click here for other Tips and Tricks for the HTC Hero.
Not finding what you are looking for?