Tip & How-To about HP Photosmart C4580 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Things You'll Need:
* All-in-one printer
1. Blow the dust from your scanner and printing area with canned air. Clean the scanner bed and the underside of the document lid with a damp, lint-free cloth before scanning.
Get your computer and all-in-one printer turned on and talking to each other. Open the scanning software on your computer if needed. If not, you can use the controls on your printer to run the show.
Lay the picture to be scanned face-down on the glass. Square up the photo using the guides that are usually located along the edges of the scanning bed.
4. Close the lid.
Go for a higher dpi (dots per inch) count if you plan on displaying the scanned image at larger-than-life size. Otherwise, you can select a lower resolution.
6. Click the scan button on your computer's scanning software window. Some all-in-one printers need you to press the scan button on the printer itself; check the manual before using.
7. Get a preview of the scanned image up on your computer monitor. This might happen automatically depending on your software settings; if not, you will have to prompt your computer to display one.
8. Correct small defects such as red-eye in the image. Save extensive changes for later with dedicated photo-editing software.
9. Accept the scan and save to your hard drive. Remember to put your picture away.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know.
Posted by Alexie... on
Jul 08, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 02, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Apr 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4240 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
2,730 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!