Tip & How-To about Refrigerators
This is one of the common problem throughout the world. It's because of not going through User Manual before using the fridge.
To get better cooling, dispensing water, ice cubes from your refrigerator, please follow the steps.
1. Keep temp setting between 3 degree and 5 degree Centigrade.
2. Ensure, freezer door and mail door of Refrigerator are closed properly.
3. Check freezer fan is working. If struck by frosting behind the freezer, you have to defrost it.
4. Defrost cycling is not functioning properly. Because your set temp is less than 3 degree or in minus.
5. Auto defrost cycle not activated due to thermostat, timer, heater malfunction.
First, locate the defrost timer which may hiddenbehind corners of the fridge at the back bottom, in some models located in theceiling of the fresh food section or behind the cold control cover. Once youlocate the defrost timer, slowly turn the screw in the middle of the defrosttimer with straight screwdriver until the fridge shuts off. Now it's indefrost. If the defrost heater(s) starts, replace the defrost timer and defrostthermostat. If the heater(s) does not start, unplug wire cord to check ohm testfor continuity of heater. If continuity is there, plug cord wire which givespower 120volts (check specification) to heater. If heater no starts, bypassdefrost thermostat by join the 2 wires in the defrost thermostat. If the heaternow comes on, replace the defrost timer and defrost thermostat. If the heateritself is bad, replace it
6. Check water line to make ice are not tint or remove kinks in water source line in the back of refrigerator to increase water pressure.
7. Check solenoid valve in the rear side of refrigerator back is activated.
8. If solenoid activated,no water flow means, have to clean solenoid valve.
9. Check shut off arm is not struck due to over ice stores in the ice bucket. Remove it.
Posted by R... on
Feb 16, 2014 | Dometic Refrigerators
Jul 31, 2012 | Furniture
May 17, 2011 | Honeywell Heat/Cool Thermostat
Jul 31, 2009 | Refrigerators
Jan 07, 2009 | Kenmore Refrigerators
596 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!