Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
The mobilephone industry wants all people to enjoy the benefits of mobile telecommunications but at the same time it expects them to use their mobiles in a responsible way.
1. When in doubt, always go out of the room/hall. When possible go outside or to another room to make your call if your call might disturb others. You can also use features such as text messaging answering services, call diversion and vibration alert,etc to receive important calls without disturbing others.
2. If you can't turn it off, keep it on silent mode If you need to keep your phone on for important calls, then turn it to silent or vibration mode. It's the ringtone of a mobile phone in inappropriate places which annoys and irritates people the most.
3. When required turn your phone off and also check if it's off. There are some places where people should never talk on a mobile phone or send text messages and where the ringing of a cell phone is considered highly unacceptable. In these cases, turn your phone off and remember to check it's off before you enter the venue.
4. Keep your conversations private People's sense of personal space varies in each situation. Making a call in a busy place may be okay, but talking loudly in a confined space like a lift or on a train tends to disturb people.
5. Speak softly Always speak softly so as not to disturb others. People can hear you even if you speak in soft voice.
Posted by ASHRAF CA on
May 21, 2009 | Cell Phones
187 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!