Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
You have replaced your lamp and the set is working fine but the 'replace lamp light' is still on. What do you do?
This is an important procedure because you need to know when it is time to replace the lamp again. If you do not reset the timer you may run the risk of having the lamp explode, because it was not replaced in time. This can be dangerous and could cause a fire.
To reset first make sure the TV is powered on.
1) Press and HOLD the MENU button on the TV.
2) Press and HOLD the MENU button on the remote.
Hold both these until the service menu button pops up. About 5 - 10 seconds max.
3) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV.
4) Press and hold the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV.
5) Press and HOLD the MUTE button on the REMOTE. Hold both until the LAMP LIFE HOURS appears on the screen.
6) Let go of the REMOTE button first, then release the button on the TV.
I suggest writing your lamp hours on a piece of masking tape and taping it to the back of the TV for future reference.
7) To reset the lamp counter, press SELECT (or the button in the middle of the direction arrow buttons). Hit SELECT a second time to confirm clearing the lamp counter.
For certain models you may have to try different buttons or tweak the steps slightly.
This should reset your counter and you will be ready to enjoy your TV for about another 8000 hours.
Thanks for using FixYa and for the great rating. Please consider a testimonial. Thank you.
Posted by Kim... on
Mar 03, 2011 | Mitsubishi WD-60737 60 in. HDTV
Dec 27, 2007 | Televison & Video
728 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!