In most cases, the driver for a printer is supplied when you purchase it. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide the driver along with the device to make sure the working.
However, most of the Operating Systems come with native driver support for many known printers. This is the fact we have to take care while purchasing a printer. Even though we misplaced the driver disc, if we purchase a good manufacturer printer, there is a chance to get the native support from Operating System itself.
There are some scenarios where printer may not be recognized by the Operating System due to some conflict with other devices.
Please follow the troubleshooting steps and check the operation:
- Ensure that the supplied USB cable is firmly connected to both the printer and computer side.
- Ensure that the USB driver for the printer has been properly installed. Please follow the steps to ensure that:
- Turn ON the computer and then printer.
- The Add New Hardware Wizard window will appear on the Computer screen.
- Click the Next button
- Insert the installation CD in to the CD/DVD drive on the Computer.
- In the Add New Hardware Wizard window, click to select the CD-ROM drive.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Finish Setup dialog box, click the Finish button.
Follow this procedure to reinstall the device driver using the Device Manager utility.
- If the USB driver for the Printer has already been installed, uninstall and then reinstall the driver.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
NOTE: For some devices the operating system will display a System Settings Change window. Click the Yes button to restart the computer. When the computer restarts, the operating system will find the device and install the driver. If the operating system is unable to automatically find the driver, have the installation wizard search the C:WINDOWSI386 folder.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category , double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the category icon of the device to be removed.
- Under the Device Manager category, click to select the device to be removed.
- On the menu bar, click Action.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall .
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
- Remove and reconnect the printer.
does not recognize printer XP computer does not recognize printer. HP printer computer connectivity how to troubleshoot if printer is not connecting to my computer. XP printer issues. how to troubleshoot printer conncting with XP Computer. XP does not recognize printer. Printer is not connecting to my computer. how to reinstall printer driver. how to install native driver for printer. CANON printer is not recognized by the Computer. Epson printer is not recognizing. Epson does not recognize XP. Canon Printer connectivity.