Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
There are many situations in life and work which may lead to or cause
password lost in Windows 7. Luckily enough, there are several useful
solutions that can be used to reset Windows 7 password, for whatever
reason you cannot regain access to your computer. Following are listed 6
effective methods that you can make full use of to bypass a lost
Windows 7 password.
1. Perform Windows 7 password reset with an administrator account. Users of administrator accounts have full control over the Windows system. They are permitted to install software programs and hardware drivers while entitled to reset password of another user accounts(including other administrator or standard user or guest accounts password). So if you forgot a user account in Windows 7, you can try to reset it through an accessible Windows 7 account with administrator permissions. It's the easiest way.
2. Resort to Commercial Windows password recovery tool. Considering the actual needs of Windows 7 password recovery when one failed to log on computer, some software providers also offer various commercial Windows password recovery tools fully compatible with Windows 7. Here we highly recommend you try Windows Password Breaker if you forgot Windows password and needed a password recovery tool, which can help you create a bootable password recovery CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset lost password in a few minutes.
3. Seek for free Windows password recovery tool. In addition to commercial software, free Windows password recovery software out there can also help you recover a lost password in Windows 7. If you want to recover Windows 7 password without charge, Ophcrack and NT Offline Password & Register, the most popular recovery software, may be your best choice.
4. Reset Windows 7 password with Installation Disc. If you have a Windows 7 installation disc, it's not a big problem for you to log on your computer again if you get its password lost. Just insert the installation disc in computer and boot to the recovery options to do Windows 7 password reset. What's more, a system repair disc that also enables you to access the recovery options. But the repair disk need to be created in advance, before your password is lost.
5. Use Windows 7 password reset disk. A forgotten Windows password can be easily reset with a password reset disk, you also need to create a password reset disk for your Windows 7 account in advance(before you lost password). Please note that many users forgot Windows 7 password without having created a password reset disk. If you don't have one, please start to create one right now, you will need it some day.
6. Bypass a lost password with Fingerprint logon. Nowadays password is not merely limited to letters, numbers and symbols. It can also be your fingerprint. In Windows 7, fingerprint logon can be easily enabled if you are lucky enough to have a laptop or computer with a biometric sensor, such as a fingerprint reader. If the fingerprint logon enabled, it is easy for you to bypass a forgotten or lost Windows 7 password.
If you have lost your Windows 7 password, select one method of the above which adapts your conditions to reset your password. At last, i recommend you to create a password reset disk when you set a Windows 7 log on password, it's a feature in Windows for one to easily reset a lost password.
Posted by Tely... on
Sep 08, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 26, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Oct 14, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens Computers & Internet
288 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!