Tip & How-To about Samsung SGH-S5230 Cell Phone

First aid for mobile phones that fell into water.

This is an easy means of preventing your mobile phone from damage if it falls into water.

  1. quickly remove the battery
  2. get a screw driver that matches the screw, used to tighten the phone and loosen it.
  3. carefully open up the phone, without tearing it up.
  4. then expose to heat for about 2 to 3 hours.(DO NOT TROW INTO FIRE)
  5. when it gets dried, carefully disconnect the panel from other parts,
  6. get a mentholated spirit and a tooth brush .
  7. dip the tooth brush into the spirit and carefully scratch the surface of the panel with it
  8. when it gets dried, perfectly couple up the phone,
  9. insert your battery and continue using it.
it will give no problems at all if you ensure that all parts are arranged as it was before.

It works. try it..

Posted by on

Samsung SGH-S5230 Cell Phone Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

samsung mobile sgh e840 fell into water

remove all possible [parts, battery, back cover, sim card, memory card and other things you can open using a special screw driver, let it dry several days or use a hair dryer on cool settings until determined everything is dry.

As for the battery, let is dry under the hot sun before attempting to put it back in the phone.

after that make a simple power on test, if it works, you are in luck, otherwise consider your phone completely water damaged and will not be accepted for repair due to the red water damage mark indicator.

Nov 25, 2013 | Computers & Internet

3 Answers

my nokia 7230 is not starting, my daught had put it in a water but not soaked in water i removed it imm and dried, it was working then, except for the up n left navigation key and the disconnect button so i forced shut it and now it is not starting at all. please help

Hi, when ever a phone drops inside the water, first remove the battery cause the battery life might be damaged,and also in that process the phone is still working because the battery is still inside the phone.

You will need to service the phone for the phone to be free from water,cause if the water dries inside the phone it will damage an IC or a chip inside the phone and it might cause more damage to the phone.

After, disassembling the phone is the next step.
Get a phone screw and unscrew the phone from the back by removing the battery and you will see some screws, unscrew possible screws and open the phone.

Get a methylated spirit and a small brush, remove the board of the phone and deep the brush inside the methylated spirit,brush gently on the board of the phone. After brushing, get a dryer to dry up the board of the phone and live it for a while to dry.

After some minutes,assemble the phone back and fix in the battery. Make sure during the processyou are charging the battery of the phone.

I guess that's all you need.

Note: if the battery has stayed too too long on the phone and am sorry after the water splash, it might not come on after this all process, that means you will have to flash the phone because the battery might have damaged the memory of the board of the phone and will not power up the phone because the phone is too weak to power.

Flashing of the phone will restore back the phone memory.

You can visit the below link to learn more about flashing of phones.

If the mobile phone does not switch on, it is called a dead mobile.
It can be due to many reasons
1. Water damage
2. Fall down
3. Not used for a long time ( Mostly battery is down)

(1) Check the Battery. It should show 3.7 volts or as written on the battery.

(2) Check the Battery Connector
Check two things (a) Voltage coming or not (b) shorting
Note : If there is shorting then clean the circuit in ultrasonic cleaner (Remove display, camera, etc before putting it in ultrasonic cleaner )
Clean the circuit with a soft brush and make it dry with a hair dryer or ****er.
If the shorting doesn't go it may be due to shorting in an ic,capacitor or circuit. if shorting is in ic u can check it by attaching a battery then press the on-off switch keep the battery for 10-15 seconds. after that remove the battery and check which ic becomes hot. Reball or replace that ic. If shorting is in circuit it must be removed by ultrasonic cleaner
Note - The circuit is made of three layers. if there is shorting in the middle layer it cannot be removed
(3) Check the On/Off switch & voltage at on-off switch
Note - Connect a charger. If charging is shown on display then the problem is with the on/off switch or software problem

(4) Try flashing the mobile.

(5) If flashing cannot be done then there is hardware fault we first dry solder the Flash IC & RAM IC and check in the Software. if flashing cannot be done then we dry solder/reball/replace flash ic & RAM ic.After that dry solder/reball/replace Power IC, Network IC, Crystal, CPU :D:D

Jul 26, 2011 | Nokia 7230 Cell Phone

1 Answer

my nokia n73 had just fallen into water for some time and it is not getting started.....plz give the solution as soon as possible.....

When a mobile totally fell into the water,first thing to do is remove the battery immediately to avoid short circuit,never try to turn it on nor plugging the charger in.some user get used of turning on their mobile to see if it's working and if not satisfied,they charge it right away.this will be a wrong step and cause the mobile into destruction.

If you can dismantle your mobile to clean the wet parts,here is the procedure.

* remover the front backslide cover (battery should take it off)
* unscrew the 4 screw as shown in the middle and below using a T6 precision screw driver or any.
* remove the lcd frame by releasing the clips on each sides.
* gently lift up the lcd connector,be care..must damage the flex connector is careless.
* unscrew one screw in the middle
* released two flex connector which rare camera and keypad flex are composed.
* now lift up the whole metal plate cover together with keypad board attach.
* now gently lift up the main board.

To have a short of idea on dis assembly, here is a video to be easy visualize my procedure.Just follow some part of it.

Now clean and dry wet parts,you can use rust solution,lighter fluid or a lacquer thinner and a cotton to absorb all area that has been liquidize. to make the entire area dry, you can use hair blower.also check the battery if its clean and dry too.assemble the phone accordingly.

Now try to power your phone,if the phone does not powering ON, try to replace the battery,might got drain as well.

Hoping that this steps will be a good solution to make by you. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask, my pleasure to help any ones in need.

Thank you for visiting Fixya.

Jul 09, 2011 | Nokia N73 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?

2,682 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Samsung Cell Phones Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Fotis Papastamatiou

Level 2 Expert

109 Answers

Are you a Samsung Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions