- Go to Start > Run > "cmd" and hit OK. This will load the command prompt.
- type "ftp" and hit enter.
- type "open releases.mozilla.org" and hit enter.
- It will ask for a username, type "anonymous" and hit enter.
- It will then ask for a password, type "anonymous" and hit enter.
- Open the folder with the latest Windows release of Firefox by typing in:
"cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest/win32/en-US" and then enter.
- View the contents of the current directory by typing in "ls" and then enter.
- Switch to binary file mode by typing in "type image" and then hit enter.
- Choose the directory to download firefox to by typing "lcd C:\" (Typing this will save it right to the root directory of the C: Drive.
- When you typed in "ls" from step 7, it should have listed a .exe file for you. As of writing the latest version is Firefox Setup 3.0.11.exe. In this case, we will type in: get "Firefox Setup 3.0.11.exe" (type in the quotes)
- Now go check in your c:/ drive, and you should see the .exe file downloaded.
- Type "bye" to exit the FTP mode, and then type "exit" to close out of the Command Prompt.
Not finding what you are looking for?