Tip & How-To about Bugaboo Cameleon Jogger
To fix it yourself, you need to disassemble the buttons, which can be done with two screwdrivers one a thin slot type the other a Phillips. Here is the process: 1. On the other side of the white button unit is a screw. Remove it using a Phillips screwdriver.
2. You'll now have a black housing with a white button held in by three white tabs. 3. Free the white button from the housing by pressing inwards on each of the three tabs with the slot type screwdriver.
4. You'll now have a black base, a spring and a white button. Pay attention to how the two black parts align to each other so you re-assemble it correctly.
5. Pop the white button out of the upper black surround. Sand the circumference of the white button evenly until it slips easily in and out of the black surround. A little silicon spray is a good idea.
6. Reassemble unit and check it has full movement (see photo below).
7.On the underside of the button unit a ramp shape should lineup with an opening in the bottom edge.
8. Fit button unit back into upper seat leg, Fit lower seat leg aligning it to the back of the button unit so the push rod in the lower seat leg pushes on to the ramp on the button unit. Note the seat button will not come out and lock until the seat is fitted back on to the chassis pushing the rod up to push the button out to the lock position. Once you have fitted the back screw in you can use a large screw driver to push down the inside of the lower leg to check the white button pops out and locks. If you have any resistance dismantle again to check alignment and the condition of the interlocking teeth of the button and the outer rings. Sand of any burrs and use a little silicon grease. Reassemble and test again.
Repeat operation to the other side if necessary. Buttons are not interchangeable so doing one side at a time avoids mixing them up.
If the tabs on the white button are broken you can buy a new button unit as a part www.babycare.nl/bugaboo-cameleon-seat-frame-push-buttons-p-2664.html
Posted by Stephen... on
Oct 05, 2012 | Sony Rm-yd035 Remote Control
May 16, 2011 | Bugaboo Baby Gear
Mar 05, 2011 | Bugaboo Cameleon Stroller
Jan 16, 2011 | Bugaboo Cameleon Jogger
Dec 05, 2009 | Bugaboo Cameleon Jogger
6,764 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!