Tip & How-To about Kitchen Appliances - Others
The Mini Maglite is a durable, compact flashlight. If your Mini Maglite stopped working, check or replace its two AA batteries first, and if that doesn't fix it, you'll probably need to replace the lamp. You can order replacement lamps in packs of two online, or you may be able to find them locally in a hardware store.
To replace the lamp in a Mini Maglite:
1. Unscrew the bottom of the flashlight. (Hold the flashlight with the head facing down so that the batteries don't fall out.)
2. Remove the batteries.
3. Unscrew the flashlight head from the barrel.
4. The lamp is mounted into the flashlight on two prongs; gently pull up on the lamp to remove it.
5. Install the new lamp by lining the prongs up with the two holes and slowly inserting it fully.
6. Screw the flashlight head back on.
7. Reinsert the batteries.
8. Screw the base back on.
When you've finished, turn the flashlight on (by turning the lens cover or the head counter-clockwise) to verify that the new lamp works. If the light doesn't come on, take the flashlight apart again and check to make sure the lamp is installed correctly and fully. Since the lamps come in packs of two, if you can't get the first lamp to work, try the second lamp in the pack. If that lamp doesn't work either, check your batteries and make sure the lens cover and head are both screwed on all the way.
Posted by gggg on
Nov 14, 2010 | MagLite Mag-Lite& Flashlight
Sep 13, 2010 | MagLite Mag Lite Led 2 Cell Aa Flashlight...
May 26, 2010 | MagLite Mag Lite Led 2 Cell Aa Flashlight...
Mar 03, 2010 | MagLite Mag-Lite& Flashlight
651 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!