Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How do you retrieve Windows 7 password
if you forgot password in Windows 7? With the increasing users update
their systems to Windows 7, the problem will confuse more and more
users, especially those who have little computer skills. In fact, users
can still use the third party software to reset Window 7 password when
their password is lost or forgotten. Following list the situations you
need to retrieve Windows 7 password and recommend 4 most popular Windows
password recovery tools.
Situations You Need to Retrieve Windows 7 Password
1. You set a rather complicated password in Widows 7 for security, but fail to keep it in your heart?
2. You or your family members have changed your Windows password, but now cannot remember what it is changed to?
3. You enter a correct password in Windows 7 logon screen, but the system says the password is wrong?
4. You bought a secondhand PC and found it's a password-protected Windows 7 machine?
5. You are locked of your Windows 7 notebook when you have not used it for a long time?
4 Popular Windows Password Recovery Software
1. Windows Password Recovery
Windows Password Recovery is a powerful Windows password recovery allows you to retrieve Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000 password by burning a bootable CD/DVD and USB flash drive. You don't need to know the old password or have some computer skills. So it is ideal for users with little computer skill who have forgotten their password or were locked out of computer. When you forgot Window 7 password, it just takes users 5 minutes in 4 simple steps to retrieve it.
1. Download and install Windows Password Recovery Pro.
2. Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Boot from CD/DVD or USB.
4. Retrieve Windows 7 password under Windows PE.
Ophcrack is a free Windows Password Cracker that uses rainbow tables to retrieve 7 Windows passwords from password hashes. It can runs via Windows, Mac and Linux installations or on a Live CD. To recover Windows 7 password with it, you need to download a 496MB LiveCD image file, which will cost you much time. And passwords longer than 14 characters cannot be cracked.
3. Windows Password Reset
Windows Password Reset offers 3 different editions to to retrieve lost or forgotten Windows password for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008/2003/2000. Its Standard edition allows you use a CD/DVD to retrieve Windows 7 password and other passwords while the Professional edition enables you to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset Windows password. With its Enterprise edition, you even can reset lost Windows domain administrator password.
4. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is a freeware to reset the password of any user that has a valid (local) account on your Windows NT/2k/XP/Vista/Win7 etc system. Meanwhile it is also an almost fully functional registry editor that can be used for other things than password editing.
Posted by Alexis xy on
Sep 13, 2011 | HP Compaq 6720s Notebook
Feb 25, 2011 | Dell Studio 17 (1749) Laptop black -...
Feb 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 16, 2011 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
303 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!