Tip & How-To about Microwave Ovens
The magnetron (the part that heats the food) may be bad or the circuitry to the magnetron may have burned out. Basically my advice is that if you have no electrical expertise, it isn't worth fixing. The magnetron if bad, costs almost as much as a new microwave. If you open it up (make sure it has been unplugged for a few hours and don't see any obvious burnt parts (including a fuse and the diodes), then most likely the magnetron is done and a new microwave is the best way to go.
Let me know how this works out for you.
Posted by Benjamin... on
Aug 18, 2010 | Whirlpool MH6150XLS Microwave Oven
Aug 15, 2010 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Aug 15, 2010 | Maytag UMV1152BAS Microwave Oven
Jul 19, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jul 19, 2010 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
427 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!