Follow this steps,if it is not working then post back i have 3 more steps left.
- Click Start, click Run, type Devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. The Device Manager window opens.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Power Management tab.
- Click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each USB Root Hub in the list.
- On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.
Windows XP recognizes the new device.
- Close the Device Manager window.
Hope this helps.