Tip & How-To about Audio Players & Recorders
Hello to all that happen to come across this Tip of mine! As you may have seen from the title, this Tip is about why someone should NOT jailbreak their iPod Touch or iPhone.
1. This is the main reason that makes people reluctant to jailbreak their iPods; it breaks your 1-year manufacturer warranty that comes free with the device. This means that if you iPod breaks, you will not be able to send it into Apple to get it repaired without having to pay a fee depending on the damages (as opposed to being free if it weren't jailbroken). Now many people have told me that if their iPod did break, they would simply restore it back to factory settings, and that Apple won't be able to tell that it was ever jailbroken, which makes sense, right? WRONG. After an iPod has been jailbroken, Apple WILL be able to detect that has been, even if you restored it.
2. It slows down processor speed! Why would anyone want to slow down their iPods just so they can customize some certain features? Is it really worth slowing your CPU for a custom ringtone or a picture in the background of your iPod? It certainly isn't in my opinion.
3. IT'S ILLEGAL, that's right, you heard me, illegal. Apple now has copyright laws that now go against jailbreaking iPods.
4. The new features may seem really cool at first, but trust me, you'll start to not care anymore after the first 2 weeks.
5. If you do decide to jailbreak your iPod, and then a new Firmware comes out, you'll have to wait until Development teams create new software that will crack the new Version of the iPod, which will hold you back from getting cool features that Apple may have released.
See? When you think about it, there really isn't much of a reason to jailbreak your iPod in the first place.
Thanks for reading, this is Rippster1214, out.
Posted by Ervin... on
Apr 30, 2011 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jul 09, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Dec 05, 2007 | Sony VAIO PCV-J120 PC Desktop
286 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!