Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. Turn off Wi-Fi and BlueTooth - Most laptops have shortcut keys to instantly disable wireless networking.
2. Don't play computer games, music or DVD movies - Multimedia activities drain laptop batteries.
3. Disconnect all external device like PC Card modems, Firewire, USB devices and optical drives. Use the notebook touchpad instead of an external mouse.
4. Adjust your screen brightness - Dimming your display saves battery power.
5. Tweak Windows Power Options - Choose a Laptop power scheme that turns off the notebook monitor and hard disk after 10 minutes of inactivity.
6. Decrease or mute the Laptop Speaker Volume.
7. Turn off all scheduled tasks.
8. Turn off Auto-save features in Microsoft Office and other applications.
9. If your PC has a built-in wireless card, turn it off or disable it when not in use.
10. Programs that are run from a CD or DVD can be copied to and run from the hard drive, which typically consumes less power than an optical drive.
Posted by Computer... on
Oct 17, 2016 | Dell Latitude E6510 Notebook
Aug 27, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
Feb 03, 2013 | Dell Latitude E6400 Notebook
Jan 08, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 900HD Netbook
Aug 26, 2009 | Everex StepNote NC1502 Notebook
293 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!